Thursday, October 25, 2012

Guest Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower


Hello, everyone! My name is Madison. I'm a good friend of Grace's, and I am so excited to write this review! :)

So I recently saw The Perks of Being a Wallflower in theaters, and let me just say, it was amazing.

Based on the novel by Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a movie centered on Charlie, an awkward, introvert 15 year old kid going into his freshman year of high school.


Charlie has been through a lot, and he has had a rough childhood so making friends is hard for him. During his first few days, the only person he seems to become friends with or even really talk to at all is his English teacher. But later on he notices two outgoing and wild seniors, Sam and her step-brother Patrick.



Eventually the two of them befriend Charlie and they help him be more confident, introduce him to new people, help him learn how to try new things and have more fun, and pretty much help him get through his daily life as a freshman in general. They basically introduce him to the teenage world the way they see pit.





It stars the wonderful Logan Lerman as Charlie, the gorgeous Emma Watson as Sam, and the hilarious Ezra Miller as Patrick.



The movie is rated PG-13, and I wouldn't say that this is a "kids movie" by any means. It has a lot of language, mild drug and alcohol use and maybe 1 or 2 somewhat inappropriate scenes, nothing too bad though. It really is a great movie if you're older and more mature. This movie is funny, romantic, extremely relatable, and very emotional. (I cried. A lot.) The story is great, the acting was amazing, and the soundtrack is very inspiring (which is something I look and hope for in every movie.) And although this might have been one of the most depressing movies I have seen in a while, it was an overall spectacular film.





But if you're like my mother and can't handle sad movies and don't want anything to do with them, then this may not be the movie for you to go see. I, however, happen to like sad movies and I thought it was brilliant so if you're like me, I would definitely recommend seeing this movie. :) 

~Madison xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment